It was discovered that with the continuous use of a name or brand, the goods and products start to gain recognition and become popular among the consumers or public. However, with every benefit comes a demerit too and so with few of these products. This popularity of a brand or name makes it more available for its replica by competitors or by the public to gain popularity for their product. To avoid such cases, it is wise and advisable to trademark the brand one has or simply to register the trademark in its name.
Registration of the trademark can be done on a brand, name, or simply a logo. This trademark used shall be unique so that the public or consumers can distinguish your brand from other identical or replicated brands. Let us read further to know the essential trademark features and their fascinating facts.
The first and most important rule of Trademark is that it should be distinctive, that is how a brand will stand out from others. For e.g., Apple, Mcdonald’s, Nike, and many more to name them. Any product from these brands stands out just because of the Trademark logo. It is a human tendency to reminisce most brands’ names by recognizing the logo.
Benefits of Trademark
There are many benefits of trademark and its registration, a few include:
- A trademark identifies the products and/or services and their owner or origin.
- A trademark provides the trademark owner with the right to use the trademark throughout the country.
- Trademark registration provides the enterpriser the right to use the mark in respect of the merchandise or services lined by the trademark.
- A trademark is an associate degree intangible and it may be pledged as security so as to get loan facilities.
- A trademark is cost-effective and it takes from around 6 months to 2 years to process the application and get the trademark registration completed.
- A trademark, upon registering, may be oversubscribed, licensed, or appointed and might even be transferred.
Purpose of a Trademark
The main purpose of having a trademark is to prevent unjust competition between organizations that use customer confusion to get more business.
The two important purposes of trademark law are:
- A trademark helps consumers distinguish between products/objects
- A trademark guards the owner’s assets, investments, and prestige.
Few facts about a good trademark that should be considered before Trademark Registration
- A trademark should be easy to speak and spell. A trademark is considered better when the public can easily spell and speak.
- A trademark should be catchy and easy to remember. So that it becomes easy for the public to remember their brand.
- It should not be complicated. If the trademark is complicated, people will not bother to take the effort to memorize it and ultimately it will be forgotten.
- It must be distinctive.
- The best trademarks are words or symbols, or unique geometrical designs.
How to apply for trademark registration?
- The application for trademark registration can be filed with the Trademark Registrar.
- The application must be made in the prescribed manner and filed along with the fee for trademark registration.
- A trademark registration application must contain the following information:
- Logo or the Trademark
- Name and address of the trademark owner
- Classification or Trademark Class
- Description of the goods or services
- Once the application is filed with the Trademark Registrar, a trademark application allotment number is provided within one or two working days after which the owner of the trademark can affix the Trademark symbol (™) next to the logo.
- Once there are no objections or oppositions to the trademark registration application, the trademark manuscript, and a trademark registration certificate will be prepared and sent to the trademark application.
- Once the trademark registration certificate is issued, the trademark is considered to be a registered trademark of the owner, granting the trademark owner exclusive use of the mark.
Ultimately a trademark should be easy to remember whether it is a word, symbol or icon, etc. It should not be too big and complicated to be forgotten easily by the consumers. Trademark registration is a must to stand out from the competition in the market & We as a Top Finance Company provides the best solutions in Trademark Registration.